1. What is EMORIVIR® 200?
EMORIVIR® 200 is the preparation of Molnupiravir INN 200 mg.
2. How EMORIVIR® 200 works in our body?
EMORIVIR® 200 (Molnupiravir) interferes with the replication of coronaviruses. It mimics the structure of viral RNA. Thus, it can incorporate itself in replicating viral RNA causing error copies of RNA. This mutation results in complete impairment of the viral replication. The unique structure and mechanism of action of EMORIVIR® 200 (Molnupiravir) make it effective against all the variants of COVID-19.
3. What is the indication of EMORIVIR® 200 ?
EMORIVIR® 200 is indicated for treatment of mild to moderate coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in adults with a positive SARS-COV-2 diagnostic test and who have at least one risk factor for developing severe illness.
4. What are the dosage & administration of EMORIVIR® 200?
- Dosage Guideline: 800 mg (4 Capsules) Twice Daily for 5 Days
- Can be taken with or without food
- Not recommended in patients below 18 years
5. What are the contraindications of EMORIVIR® 200?
Hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients used.
6. What are the adverse effects of EMORIVIR® 200?
Dizziness, Headache, Vomiting (Uncommon), Rash, and Urticaria (Uncommon).
7. What would be the storage condition of EMORIVIR® 200?
Do not store above 30o C. Keep in a dry place. Protect from light & keep out of the reach of children.
Generic Name: Molnupiravir
Dosage Form: Capsule
TG Name: Antiviral
Pack Size: 10 Capsule Per Box
Manufacturer: Beximco Pharmaceuticals Limited
More Product from SMT International Please Click